1. UNSOLICITED EXECUTION
The first step is to look carefully the UnsolicitedExecution email; you must pay attention to the fields Symbol and ExecBroker.
CASE A: CREATE SECURITY AND MAPPINGS
- Security does not exist.
- Broker exists.
2. CREATE SECURITY
Steps to create a new security in Spark.
- Click on OMS and Open Maintenance.
- Click on Click on “Security: Setup/Edit Securities”
You can create a new security by clicking on “New” or selecting one existing security and clicking on “Copy”. We would recommend doing it by coping one security from the list with same properties as the one you want to create. This way there will be many fields whose values are the same so you will change only some specific fields related to the new security. A windows will pop up where you have to fill in the fields with the corresponding values:
– Bloomberg corresponding fields:
– Equities: Cost Factor=1
– Swaps and Futures: Cost Factor= 0
– Options: usually 100
– CounterCurrencyID: In general Settle currency. For spots and forwards from currency.
– Bloomberg field country = CountryID
– PriceCurrendyID: In general CRNCY. For spots and forwards To currency.
– PricingID the security where the price is taken from. In case it is itself, it will be blank. Keep BLANK for options. Equity Swaps Underlying Equity
– Underlying only leave it blank in case the security has nothing underneath. Swaps underlying equity index
– Primary ExchangeID this is the generic SECURITY MAPPING for electronic orders. Use the field “Symbol” that appears within the Unsolicited Execution. For OPTIONS this field must be the OCC21
– Price: PX-LAST
– Blomberg field: Swaps exposure and notional factor =1. Bonds exposure and notional factor = 0.01, Futures PX_POS_MULT_FACTOR, Options OPT_VAL_OT or PX_POS_MULT_FACTOR
– Remember to click on “Save” to save the changes.
NOTE: Please note that if the security is a derivative, i.e. it has an underlying, in case the underlying has not been set up in Spark previously, you must create it before you set up the security.
3. MAPPING SECURITY
In general, you must populate the Primary Exchange ID of the security that you want to map in Spark, using the field “Symbol” received in the unsolicited execution email.
EXCEPTION: For Options, you must populate the Primary Exchange ID with the OCC21.
This section is applied only in case you want to map a security with a specific broker. This mapping will prevail over the security mapping for that specific broker:
– Click on OMS and open Maintenance.
– Click on Click on “Security: Setup/Edit Cross-Reference Mapping for Securities”.
Again, you can do the mapping by clicking on “New” or selecting any of the existing ones with similar properties and clicking on “Copy“.
A windows will pop up where you have to fill in the following fields:
– Active: True.
– AthenaID: Leave it blank.
– EntityID: Select from the drop down menu the Security name in Spark.
– XrefDefinitionId: Select from the drop down menu the broker code that is associated with this mapping.
– XrefValue: Fill in the mapping field “Symbol” from the Unsolicited Execution email.
NOTE: Please note that if the broker code that you want to map with the security is not present in the drop down menu in the XrefDefinitionId field, then youhave to add a new entry in the entity XRefDefinition.
You can do the mapping by clicking on “New” or selecting any of the existing ones with similar properties and clicking on “Copy”. A windows will pop up where you have to fill the following fields:
– Active: True.
– AthenaID: Leave it blank.
– XrefCode: Fill in with the Broker Code in Spark.
– XrefDescription: Fill in with the description of the Broker.
– XrefName: Fill in with the name of the Broker that you want to use.
Click on “Save” to save the changes.
CASE B: CREATE BROKER AND MAPPING BROKER
– Security exists.
– Broker does not exist.
1. MAPPING SECURITY
Check the security is already mapped correctly.Look into the “Mapping Security” section from case A for references.
2. CREATE BROKER
To create a new Broker you must select the entity Broker in Maitenance and click on New or Copy an existing one. The fields that you must populate are BrokerCode and BrokerName.In case the broker is electronic, additionally you must populate the BrokerCodeFix with the field “ExecBroker” received in the Unsolicited execution email:
3. MAPPING BROKER
This section is applied only in case you want to map a security with a specific broker. This mapping will prevail over the security mapping for that specific broker.
Look into the “Mapping Broker” section from case A for references.